Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dahlia

For those of you who contacted me regarding Dahlia being removed from my website, thank you for the emails. Part of the reason I have not posted in several weeks is because I was not sure what to say & whether or not I should talk about it here. Let's just suffice it to say that being a hobby farmer is not always fun. After a long 2 weeks or so of trying to help her along, I lost Dahlia & her two very premature buck kids. They were as lovely as Lily. It was very sad, but i did everything I could & there was just no saving them.  We buried her and her two beautiful boys under the weeping deodar cedar tree. I planted Dahlia bulbs over her grave.


We will miss her sweet face & gentle kisses & calming presence in the herd. We are very grateful for her lovely daughters Daisy & Lily and look forward to seeing what the next generation will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment