Sunday, March 20, 2011

Clementine's Tiny Girl

Clementine kidded today with one tiny but very healthy little girl. She weighs only 2.9 pounds but she is up jumping around already, and eating well, so she is off to a good start.

Clementine is doing OK. But with such a small kid I thought there might be a second one in there.   I "bumped" her belly & felt no signs of any more kids, but has not passed her placenta yet, so we will be keeping a close eye on her for the next 24 hours. She is eating well & chewing her cud. I have been milking her about every 2 hours to encourage uterine contractions. Hope she passes it soon. These things always make me nervous......


My sister thinks I should call her Amelia because of her airplane ears :)

Look at those tiny hooves!


Eating very well!!



Full and happy




1 comment:

  1. Wow!! she did have a tiny one. That would make me a little nervous too. But on the bright side like you said she is showing good signs with her eating and chew her cud and being able to keep her uterus contracting. We will be keeping good thoughts for Clementine and Tiny Girl♥ Heidi & TeAnna

    ReplyDelete