Sunday, October 16, 2011

and so it begins.....

The breeding season that is....three girls bred, and one maybe bred, so nine or ten more to go. I can't believe I have 13 does to breed.  How did THAT happen. I guess I will need to sell some more does after kidding season next year.

Rheba was bred to Only One Buck, and if she settled will be due 3.6.12









Daisy was bred to Only One Buck and if she settled will be due 3.9.12







Sweet Violet is the one who is a maybe. She was bred to Schapi, a first generation Mini Nubian buck.  He is still a rather young boy and quite a bit smaller than Violet. If she took, she will be due 3.7.12. But I will be watching to see if she comes into heat again on or around 10.29.11.





Annie was bred to Penny's brother, an as yet unnamed second generation Mini Nubian buck. I was not planning to keep him. He is a good example of when a disbudding goes WRONG......and why I really love my polled goats. He has big twisted horns & gets his head stuck in anything he can all the time.  But I am glad he is still here because Pork Chop is just not ready to be a papa yet & I already sold Chief.  If she settled she will be due 3.13.12.

No comments:

Post a Comment