Thursday, February 3, 2011

the boys of summer...


....or spring as the case may be.  I get a lot of inquiries about what mini nubian wethers look like. I always tell folks that you just never know. Every kidding is like Christmas morning opening a much anticipated package. Will the birthing go well? Will the kids be healthy? How many kids will there be? Does or Bucks? What will the ears look like? (with minis in early generation, it can vary A LOT; but airplane ears are very cute on a pet goat & they sure do add to the expression of their  personality).

  
  


Color is what I get asked about the most. You can get a pretty good idea by looking at the adults in the herd, but you really just never know with Mini Nubians....I had a lot of white last year because the Nigerian Dwarf buck I used was largely white & clearly had an influence. Here are some pictures of boys from years past. Hope this helps & please contact me if you have any questions.

Tina's brother 2009


Rosie's boy #2 2010
Rosie's boy #2 2010


Rosie's boy #2 2010

Rosie's Boy #1 2010

r










Rosie's boy #1 2010








I will post "birth announcements" here when the kids are born. Can't wait to see what we get!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment