Friday, February 25, 2011

Stormy....

or at least that is what i would call him if I was going to keep him :) We had a pretty good storm last night & this morning. I was checking on Daisy about every hour between about 5pm & midnight. Checked her again at 5AM & she was finally getting serious.

I fed the bottle twins & checked her again. No progress. So I fed the chickens & gathered eggs & checked her again. No progress. So i fed the bucks & checked her again. Definitely having contractions now. I went & milked Violet, put milk away & checked her again. She had kidded by the time I got back to the barn.

Another big healthy boy....I was sure there was more than one in there from the size of her, but I guess the size is all just her.

I used to groan when bucks were born, but not any more. I am really happy to say I have found what I think will be really good homes for all the boys this year. And the problem with having beautiful girls is then you have to decide who to keep & who to sell....I hate that....

so here are some pics of the new boy who in a few weeks will have a new home with Rebecca.




No comments:

Post a Comment