Saturday, February 19, 2011

Twins!

Violet kidded this afternoon with twins. One of each. I had not planned to keep any of Violet's kids, but this is the first doe I have ever had with moon spots!!! So I am planning to keep her....sorry.


Sweet Violet about 20 hours before she kidded.

I knew  Violet was getting ready when I came home from work last night & she had bagged up. This morning when I checked her, her ligaments were "gone" so I figured less than 24 hours. Sure enough, she had them this afternoon around 3:30.
The doe is the spotted one.



The buck is a TANK!!



I will post more pictures tomorrow when they are awake :)

2 comments:

  1. Voilet's twins are darling. I don't blame you for wanting to keep the doe with her cute moon spots, how cute is that. Moon shine or Moon Dancer would be a cute name. Maybe I will luck out and get a kid from the next doe that is due... Heidi & TeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heidi! I appreciate you being flexible. As I said, I really had not planed to keep any of her kids. Daisy is due next, any day now. Rosie is due 3.15.11. I will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete